Ashtanga Yoga

Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is a style of yoga codified and popularized by Pattabhi Jois during the 20th century which is often promoted as a modern-day form of classical Indian Yoga. I personally enjoyed this type of yoga more than any other type of yoga I have done recently.  Even though this was more fast paced, I noticed myself paying attention to small details about my body during the practice.  I was focusing more on my breathing and the breathing pattern that Lauren told us to do in the beginning of class and I felt that the breathing style helped me get deeper into the stretch of each pose we did. I was motivated to try to get into new poses that Lauren demonstrated even if I have never tried them before.  The meditation at the end was something I wasn't used to doing after a class and I felt like it helped my body relax and cool down after such a fast paced class.  I felt a lot calmer and relaxed and thinking about the class after meditating made me realize that the practice wasn't so bad.  I felt as if I got more out of this practice than any recent classes I have taken, although it was difficult at the time, I got into more poses that I didn't think I could do and I felt more flexible and willing to stretch out more during class.  I would  definitely do a class like this one again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga Week 3

Sivananda Yoga

Iyengar Yoga