Yoga Week 5

Today, I went to class at Yoga 9 where Laurie was the teacher.  I was a little nervous coming into the class because I have never taken a class with her but the nerves dissipated shortly after the class started.  I barely pay attention to my body placement and where certain body parts are during class because I'm too focused on keeping up or how others in the class look and if I am doing a certain pose right.  Laurie came over several times and helped me with the placement of my shoulders which I never knew were too close to my ears and my foot placement, whether it be on the ground or if I just needed to flex my foot while in a pose.  Doing so lead me to actually feel the stretch where I was supposed to feel it during the poses where she moved me.  I could tell that this class was focusing more on the anatomy and anatomical positions of the body and to make sure that our legs and shoulders and elbows were in the right spot to get into the pose correctly.  My intentions for this class were honestly just to get through it at first but after getting into class I wanted to focus on the positioning of my body parts in order to get me into the best possible stretch that I could do.  We started and ended class with breathing exercises which I thought helped relax us before class started and calmed us down after class ended.  Focusing on your breathing at the end of class gave me something to think about so my mind was not all over the place while trying to relax and regroup after the practice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga Week 3

Sivananda Yoga

Iyengar Yoga